[Insight-developers] Include directories for modules

Dirk Boye body at nabla.org
Wed Mar 30 02:55:50 EDT 2011

Dear list,

I've just cloned the ITK repo and compiled/installed everything.

When compiling some of my code I encountered following missing file
problems:

- Following file was created but not copied anywhere to
/usr/local/include/ITK-4.0:
Build/Modules/IO/Base/itkIOConfigure.h

- Following file was not copied to ${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0/:
itkImageIOFactoryRegisterManager.h.in

I also encountered some problems regarding the include directories.
(Perhaps this is still under development because I didn't find anything
in the list)

My understanding: When I decide to use the module ITK-GDCM,
the ITKConfig should set the right include directories which it gets
from Modules/ITK-GDCM.cmake ?

In that file for example there's only the ITK-4.0 directory included
again and therefore my compiler can't find the necessary headers.

When i change the corresponding line in ITK-GDCM.cmake to
set(ITK-GDCM_INCLUDE_DIRS "${ITK_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include/gdcm-2.0")
everything works just fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Dirk