[Insight-developers] Bad Memory Alloc issue

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 26 12:05:27 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

1) You may want to use the Memory Probe classes:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen320/html/itkMemoryProbe_8h.html

and/or

2) The OrfeoToolbox team has developed classes for
     estimating the memory consumption of an ITK pipeline.

      http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb/

Note also that the typical tricks for dealing with memory limitations are:

1) Use the ReleaseDataFlag() in filters
2) Use InPlace() filters when possible
3) Use Streaming when possible
4) As last resort,
don't use pipelines, and instead process images through filters, and
destroy the used filters as you go.