[Insight-developers] Compiling the up-to-date ITK development version

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Fri Mar 18 10:00:20 EDT 2011

Hi Xiaopeng,
    If you want to build the entire toolkit (the way you used to build ITK),
you can turn on  ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES in advanced mode.

    We have categorized modules into groups, which  are specified in
 ITK/CMake/ITKGroups.cmake.

    Basically there are three ways to get what you want:

   -     By default, the core group modules are turned on. Users could
   select the groups they are interested for their applications.
   -     As daily itk-developers, it probably necessary to use all modules
   (either turn on all groups or turn on "ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES").
   -     Users could also turn on individual modules by turn on
   Module_<module names> in the advanced mode.

   Note that what ever modules you turned on, their depending modules are
automatically turned on as well. So you don't need to worry about the
dependencies while you are building them.
   Let me know if you have more questions.
   Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Xiaopeng Yang <yxp233 at postech.ac.kr> wrote:

> Dear Developers,
>

> It is my first time to compile a development version of ITK by CMake using
> visual studio 2008 under windows 7 64 bit operation system. After first
> configure, I checked all of the ITKGroup, such as ITKGroup_Bridge and
> ITKGroup_IO. I am not sure I did the proper action or not. Furthermore, when
> I got the “advanced” checked in CMake, I found so many Modules, like
> Module_ITK-Common, Module_ITK-Blox. I do not know which one I need to check.
> Please give me your suggestions.
>

> Thanks a lot in advance.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Xiaopeng

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124