[Insight-developers] Is there a way to find all warnings/test failures on the dashboard?

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:58:30 EST 2011

Hi all,

Since I'm going through and finding warnings and test failures for
gdcm and cleaning them up, I think it would be _very_ handy to be able
to see all warnings as they pertain to a certain task.

For instance, I'd like to be able to search all warning output for the
gdcm directory, or all warnings with a filename that contain 'gdcm'.

It seems that the gdcm warnings fall into one of three categories:

Sun "extent 'c'" warnings (I don't have a Sun machine, so debugging
these could be tricky)
Size warnings on 64 bit machines, which break into two categories
-- size warnings in imported libraries (openjpeg, jpeg, etc)
-- size warnings in gdcm proper
vs2010 64 bit warnings (110 warnings, as opposed to the 8 in vs2008)

I'm fairly sure, though, that this isn't a complete list.  Could there
be some way to get the complete list of all gdcm warnings from the
dashboard page?

As a general feature, I'd say that finding all warnings/compilation
errors/failing tests pertaining to files in a particular directory or
files whose name include some substring could be generally handy, yes?

My goal is to get all the warnings in ITK cleaned up prior to trying
to merge the ITK version with the current master branch of gdcm (which
includes things like networking, streaming support, and better rt
struct support).  I'd rather have these warnings cleaned before I
start.

Thanks,
Mark