[Insight-developers] Data submodule was reverted again ( staging check needed? )

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jan 26 04:22:01 EST 2011

Brad,

Things are not this bad.

   ITKData repository takes 74 MB.
   ITK repository takes 154 MB.
   ITK build directory takes 1.3 GB – 8.4 GB if we don't take care to
remove the temporary data after running the tests.
   ITK build with wrapping takes 5.3 GB.

The large data is actually a problem. Midas can be a solution for
that, and we can put a file limit for the main repository.

So I still think, at this time, that the extra complexity of the
submodule management is not compensated by the size gain in the main
repository.

I hope we'll get a chance to make things as simple as they were with
CVS.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann