[Insight-developers] Data submodule was reverted again ( staging check needed? )

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 19:25:15 EST 2011

Brad,

I agree that history is a big problem introduced by our switch to git.

But the current setup with data as a submodule adds complexity to
checkins and is subject to unexpected abuse as recently reported by
Brad L. The midas absolution adds even more complexity, especially for
baselines.

I'm looking forward to a solution that keeps the footprint low but
keeps the workload on a developer at or near what it was in ITK 3.

Bill