[Insight-developers] Latest WrapITK merged in ITK

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Jan 25 15:23:08 EST 2011

Le 25 janv. 11 à 18:26, Williams, Norman K a écrit :

> Swig is currently as revision 2.0.1
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/swig/
>
> Is WrapITK compatible with the newest version?

It should. I'm using 2.0.0 and Alex is using 2.0.1.
But I guess we should have a lot of build on different systems to be
able to say for sure that it is compatible.

>  If you download CableSwig,
> you'll get version 1.3.20 from 8 years ago.  But on
>
> There's a problem with Tcl wrapping that crashes one of the BRAINS3
> Tcl
> functions, but only on OS X.  I wonder if the fact that 1.3.31 swig is
> being used accounts for that problem. On RHEL6 you get Swig 1.3.40, on
> RHEL5 you get 1.3.29. Basically, for every version of Linux or OS X
> you
> get a different version of Swig.

Yes, that might be a problem, but I'm not sure how important that
problem will be.
Depending on the results we'll get on the developers hosts, we may
have to enforce a minimum swig version.

> The fact of the matter is that even if 'naked' swig is being used
> instead
> of CableSwig, the dependency hasn't gone away, because of the
> requirement
> for CableIDX.  CableIDX drags in all the CableSwig libraries, so
> effectively, we're still chained to CableSwig, unless the WrapITK
> project
> is able to find or build a standalone replacement.

cableidx should be quite easy to recode based on igenerator.py coded
for wrapitk.
But it was there, and gccxml, which is in the same package, was (and
is still) required to build wrapitk, so we didn't tried to remove that
dependency.

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann