[Insight-developers] Latest WrapITK merged in ITK

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 25 12:26:01 EST 2011

Swig is currently as revision 2.0.1

http://sourceforge.net/projects/swig/

Is WrapITK compatible with the newest version?  If you download CableSwig,
you'll get version 1.3.20 from 8 years ago.  But on

There's a problem with Tcl wrapping that crashes one of the BRAINS3 Tcl
functions, but only on OS X.  I wonder if the fact that 1.3.31 swig is
being used accounts for that problem. On RHEL6 you get Swig 1.3.40, on
RHEL5 you get 1.3.29. Basically, for every version of Linux or OS X you
get a different version of Swig.

The fact of the matter is that even if 'naked' swig is being used instead
of CableSwig, the dependency hasn't gone away, because of the requirement
for CableIDX.  CableIDX drags in all the CableSwig libraries, so
effectively, we're still chained to CableSwig, unless the WrapITK project
is able to find or build a standalone replacement.