[Insight-developers] Split ImageFileReader/Writer Factory And Factoryless- crazy idea 2

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Tue Jan 18 15:42:24 EST 2011

This sounds like a great quick solution, which solves the
dependency issues for the modularization and provides s the capability of
 IO format selection to the user at the same time.

I wouldn't worry about the cmake variables that much. There will be a cmake
variable for each module (about 90 modules) in the modularized version of
ITK anyways. We do need
a better grouping mechanism to make it user friendly.
-xiaoxiao

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Following up again on today's t-con...
>

> Rather than generate a .cxx file at cmake tiime, why not add #idef's
> to the current ImageIOFactory.cxx file.
>
> #ifdef ITKIO_USE_PNG
> #include "itkPNGImageIOFactory.h"
>      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( PNGImageIOFactory::New() );
> #endif
>
> The CMakeLists.txt would default each ITKIO_ to be ON. The ifdef'f
> might be useful elsewhere. I realize that this dds to cmake variable
> bloat, but
> I think the cmake gui lets you turn groups on/off, so the user would
> turn on the ITKIO group and set the IO's she wants.
>
> Bill

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Xiaoxiao Liu
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com>.