[Insight-developers] SimpleITK library size

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:27:58 EDT 2011

When compiling SimpleITK on Windows / Debug, I get an error lnk1106.
Apparently this is caused by trying to link libraries > 1Gb.  The bug is
fixed in VS 10, with details here:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/521439/link-fail
ure-lnk1106-on-ltcg-for-a-static-library

The upshot is that we will not be able to build debug unless using VS 10
under Windows.

-dan

P.S.  The Linux libSimpleITKBasicFilters.a weighs in at 270M, debug/coverage
was ~1G

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925