[Insight-developers] itkMeshIO and ITKv4 modularization ?

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 6 17:02:41 EDT 2011

Hi Wanlin,

I have been working these last days on making itkMeshIO works with
ITKv4, first here:

     https://github.com/arnaudgelas/itkMeshIO

Then, I have tried to make 2 modules (ITK-IO-Mesh and ITK-gifticlib)
from it, here:

     https://github.com/arnaudgelas/ITK/tree/wanlinzhu-itkMeshIO

It seems to work. Please have a look!

I think this module and your Insight Journal have been important
contributions for being able to read and write meshes.
There may be some additional work to do (?).

I would like to see these modules in ITK (or alternatively the
ITK-IO-Mesh could be split into several modules as it has been done for
Images), and I am pretty sure that many people in the community will be
interested in it!

---

Luis,

     Is there a defined process for people which are not part of the
ITKv4 effort to contribute Modules like these ones?

Thanks,
Arnaud