[Insight-developers] FastMarching module & refactorization

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 6 11:35:41 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have just pushed on gerrit a patch which includes a refactored fast
marching framework:

     http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1328

The fast marching can now be

    * run on one itk::Image
          o with adding some topological constraints
                + http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/778
    * run on one itk::QuadEdgeMesh
    * stopped by provided user's criterion

In this patch, we let both frameworks co-exist in the same module so as
to start a discussion on what must be done in terms of processes for
refactorization( files relocation, class renaming, backward
compatibility, etc...).

I have added already few person to review these changes on gerrit (add
yourself to the list of reviewers if you want to be part of the review),
but I think some of these questions may have to be discussed on the
mailing list, or during a TConf; I think it will be helpful for groups
that are working on refactoring some module.

Best,
Arnaud