[Insight-developers] New modular dashboard script: drop-in replacement for "itk_common.cmake"

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 15:59:49 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohio.edu> wrote:

> On 04/05/2011 02:12 PM, David Cole wrote:
>
> > Please feel free to ask questions here if you need help getting set up
> > with your ITK dashboard submissions.
>
> 1. Is there any to build and test the modules in parallel? With so few
> files and tests per module my :
>
> set( CTEST_BUILD_FLAGS -j8 )
> set( CTEST_TEST_ARGS PARALLEL_LEVEL 8 )
>
> seem almost useless. It's just building and testing modules in serial.

In order to submit to the dashboards for subproject organization, the
"serial" building of the modules is necessary. You can still specify the
parallel flags for building and testing, but it will be applied within each
module, not across modules.

I would be interested in seeing the timing differences compared to the
monolithic version actually. I'll be surprised if it's very significantly
different. I bet we could come up with some queries to dig up timing data on
the ones we've already converted over.

> 2. bubbles is configuring, building, testing, and submitting like mad
> but nothing is showing up at :
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=ITKModular&display=project
>
> There is still nothing after bubbles finished submitting.

The submission queue on cdash.org/CDash is backed up at the moment. They'll
show up eventually when the processing code catches up with the backlog.

> 3. do I need to do anything to my CDash at Home clients?

Maybe. But I don't think so. The script they run comes from the CDash
server, and we should be able to adjust that once server side to make all
CDash at home clients start submitting as modular without asking the clients
themselves to make any changes. (Thanks for asking about this one.... I had
forgotten that we needed an adjustment to this.)