[Insight-developers] wiki page for Modular ITK is ready

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 11:42:51 EDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 11:30 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> Looks great. I would also like to see another section that describes the
> itk modules macros.

These are still in flux.  Documenting them now will be a waste of time.
Likely this part will be factored out to be re-used with VTK.  Then we
will document the generalized version.

> Also, somewhere it should be documented that some cmake builtin commands
> are overridden. For example add_executable, add_library, and add_test.
> Developers may get burned down the road. Actually, I'm was suprised to
> see that this "override" appraoch was taken, rather than an approach
> that used a new name, e.g. itk_modular_add_test.

This was a temporary measure to help the modular build work back when
the monolithic build had to work too.  We will be removing the overrides.

-Brad