[Insight-developers] Mesh IO : IJ

Arnaud Gelas Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 28 10:05:35 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

To my opinion, we should hold on merging.

It seems that there are two problems to be addressed: data with QE
Mesh and data processing in filters (I started a wiki page on this
last problem: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/QuadEdgeMesh_Filter/DataProcessing)
.
Fixing these two problems may impact base classes, the usage of  all
QE Mesh filters, and might impact the backward compatibility (over
next releases).

If we can change API after moving out QE Mesh, I'd say: Go!
Else we shall first fix these two issues.

Thanks,
Arnaud