No subject

Thu May 27 11:52:52 EDT 2010

   Thanks

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Cory Quammen <cquammen at cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic)
> <mstauff at verizon.net> wrote:
> > We're not interested in shearing (at least at this point, Brian might
> > have some ideas about that for down the road). Initially we'd like to be
> > able to orient sets of images to a common orientation before batch
> > processing, so should need just rotation and/or reflection. The idea, if
> > I understand fully, is to account for different orientations between or
> > within data sets, possibly due to operator error. Thus, we'll probably
> > have to manually set the transforms per image.
> >
> > The goal with doing this via the image header is to avoid preprocessing
> > the image data itself and introducing unnecessary interpolation noise.
>
> I see.
>
> > It seems from what we've looked at so far that the Image::m_Direction
> > matrix is expected to be rigid, and if it is not, it is decomposed to
> > use only the rigid part? At least, this seems to be how itk snap
> > behaves.
>
> Your understanding of the direction matrix matches mine, but I could be
> wrong.
>
> Perhaps someone more familiar with the assumed properties of the
> direction matrix could chime in.
>
> Cory

--0016364266f91ce0560492800185

transform that is stored in the itkImage<br>metadata can only describe a co=
ction (via the Direction matrix)<br>
odifications, it is not possible<br>to represent a generic Affine Transform=
ing (at least not for a generic case).<br>
g will have to be<br>limited to composing the existing image grid with<br>o=
ons &amp; Reflections (flipping)<br>
o have a phone /skype conversation<br>if you want to go about the details.<=
ind<br>
useful to look at this presentation:<br><a href=3D"http://www.na-mic.org/Wi=
ki/images/b/bc/Insight-Writing-a-New-Filter.ppt">http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki=
shop in ITK development:<br>
_2005">http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Dissemination:EPFL_Workshop_200=
-------------<br>
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Cory Quammen <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:cquammen at cs.unc.edu">cquammen at cs.unc.edu</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<b=
r><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; bor=
der-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
r Logic)<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mstauff at verizon.net">mstauff at verizon.net</a>&gt; wrot=
e:<br>
&gt; We&#39;re not interested in shearing (at least at this point, Brian mi=
ght<br>
&gt; have some ideas about that for down the road). Initially we&#39;d like=
 to be<br>
&gt; able to orient sets of images to a common orientation before batch<br>
&gt; processing, so should need just rotation and/or reflection. The idea, =
if<br>
&gt; I understand fully, is to account for different orientations between o=
r<br>
&gt; within data sets, possibly due to operator error. Thus, we&#39;ll prob=
ably<br>
&gt; have to manually set the transforms per image.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The goal with doing this via the image header is to avoid preprocessin=
g<br>
&gt; the image data itself and introducing unnecessary interpolation noise.=
&gt; It seems from what we&#39;ve looked at so far that the Image::m_Direct=
ion<br>
&gt; matrix is expected to be rigid, and if it is not, it is decomposed to<=
br>
&gt; use only the rigid part? At least, this seems to be how itk snap<br>
&gt; behaves.<br>
be wrong.<br>
Perhaps someone more familiar with the assumed properties of the<br>
direction matrix could chime in.<br>
Cory<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;-----Original Message-----<br>
&gt;&gt;From: <a href=3D"mailto:cquammen at gmail.com">cquammen at gmail.com</a> =
[mailto:<a href=3D"mailto:cquammen at gmail.com">cquammen at gmail.com</a>] On Be=
half<br>
&gt;&gt;Of Cory Quammen<br>
&gt;&gt;Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 1:10 PM<br>
&gt;&gt;To: Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic)<br>
&gt;&gt;Cc: Insight Developers<br>
&gt;&gt;Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] compose affine with header filter=
?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;Hi Michael,<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;I don&#39;t know of a filter that does what you describe, but it so=
unds<br>
&gt;&gt;like you want this filter to essentially produce an image on a<br>
&gt;&gt;potentially sheared grid. Does this correctly characterize what you=
&gt;&gt;want the filter to produce?<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;An image defined on a sheared grid fits in with a recent discussion=
 on<br>
&gt;&gt;this list about supporting images whose samples do not lie at regul=
ar<br>
&gt;&gt;intervals along orthogonal directions, so I&#39;m interested in kno=
wing<br>
&gt;&gt;more about what you are trying to do with this filter.<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;Thanks,<br>
&gt;&gt;Cory<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic)<=
br>
&gt;&gt;&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mstauff at verizon.net">mstauff at verizon.net</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; I&#39;m new to ITK. I started working with Brian Avants and th=
e<br>
&gt;&gt;reset of the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; ANTS team a few weeks ago. I&#39;m about to start on my first<=
br>
&gt;&gt;ITK filter, a<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; simple one to learn the ropes. It may or may not end up being =
useful.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; But first we wanted to check if someone else has already<br>
&gt;&gt;implemented the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; follow functionality, but not integrated it with itk.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; The filter will accept an image and an affine transform, compo=
se the<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; input transform with the transform stored in the image&#39;s h=
eader (via<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; m_Direction and m_Origin), then output a new image with the co=
mposed<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; transform in its header.<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt;<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Cheers,<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; Michael<br>

--0016364266f91ce0560492800185--