[Insight-developers] itkVTKImageIO2Test and VS6

Gabe Hart gabe.hart at kitware.com
Fri Jun 18 17:28:40 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

It looks like my test for itkVTKImageIO2 is running into some VS6
issues.  Specifically, dash13 is throwing an internal compiler error in
the continuous build.  The error is:

Linking...
    Creating library C:\Dashboards\My Tests\InsightVS60Cont\bin\Release\itkReviewTests4.lib and object C:\Dashboards\My Tests\InsightVS60Cont\bin\Release\itkReviewTests4.exp
--------------------Configuration: itkReviewTests5 - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
itkMRCImageIOTest.cxx
itkVTKImageIO2Test.cxx

*

C:\Dashboards\My Tests\InsightContinuous\Testing\Code\Review\itkVTKImageIO2Test.cxx(49) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

*

         (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
          Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
          Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Generating Code...

Since you were able to fix the VS6 issues for itkMRCImageIO, do you have
any thoughts on this?  Luis suggested that it might just be a matter of
moving some lines of code around and trying to sort out what the
compiler is choking on.

Thanks,
-Gabe