[Insight-developers] Dashboard Clean Up : WrapITK & TclBinaryDilateImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 27 10:10:46 EST 2010

Hi Gaetan,

Reviewing to the builds from jouy.inra.fr
the following ones have "red" issues.

It looks like a test is attempting to display something
in the screen.  So far in ITK we do not have any tests
that require display, and therefore we have been able
to avoid requiring users to set their DISPLAY
environment variables, be logged in and set up proper
permissions when running ITK dashboard builds.

Could we remove the Display part of this test  ?

and maybe replace it with a regression test ?

(which is a more automated way of monitoring
the results of the test...).

Here are the details:

A) cmac.jouy.inra.fr	WrapITK-Darwin-c++-4.2

Fails the test:

      TclBinaryDilateImageFilter

With a message that looks like a configuration
problem:

The first line of the error message is:
"_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to
the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL."

Full message at:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=25455817&build=524380

B) itk1.jouy.inra.fr	WrapITK-SunOS-CC-i386

Is failing the same test:

                 TclBinaryDilateImageFilter

with a message that starts with:

Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":1"

full message
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=42485499&build=524740

C)  marvin.jouy.inra.fr	WrapITK-Linux-c++

has the same test failing

                 TclBinaryDilateImageFilter

full message
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=36308455&build=524195