[Insight-developers] Utilities and the ITK_INSTALL_NO_DEVELOPMENT flag

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Apr 25 10:23:55 EDT 2010

Hi Hauke,

I would think that it makes sense not to install the headers
of third party libraries in an installation that is not intended
for development.

The number of third party headers coming from the Utilities
in ITK is significant (for example, most of VXL will go in there).

You may consider the alternatives of

1) Using ITK from a build tree.

2) Install png, jpeg and tiff as system libraries, and tell
    ITK to use the ones that are installed in your system.

BTW: What is your platform ?

     Thanks