[Insight-developers] Unicode filenames and borland issue

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Mon Nov 9 14:12:40 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

As you may have noticed, I have committed a unit test to experiment
with unicode filenames on windows:
  http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Testing/Code/IO/itkUnicodeIOTest.cxx?root=Insight&view=markup

Thanks to this webpage:
  http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20633
I have been able to test the code on borland c++ 5.5. I worked out
without any issue.

However on your system, it appears that the unit test is failing:
  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=36142693&build=468077

Apparently, MultiByteToWideChar does not work as expected on you
machine. Would you by any chance have a clue on why this is the case?
What version of windows, and filesystem are you using? If you have a
little spare time, could you try and experiment with itkUnicodeIOTest
and see what it gives? You may want to try by commenting out the calls
to removeAlpha and manually inspeting the txt files that are produced
by the test.

Cheers,
Tom