[Insight-developers] itkResampleImageFilter.h & itkWarpImageFilter.h and Software Archeology

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Mar 25 16:58:40 EDT 2009

I've written tests for all of the new code I've checked in over the years,
and so it's second nature for me -- I know the two places you have to add
something to integrate a new test, I know how to pass in the name of a
directory where test files can be written at runtime, I know how to find
test files in Insight/Testing.

I don't think everyone with write access knows this, or they haven't written
regression tests enough to not have to re-learn the process every time the
add some code.

And you have to be clever to come up with tests that exercise the code in
some non-trivial way, without requiring even more test images checked into
the Insight tree.

The most helpful thing is if, when someone logs a bug in Mantis, they give
some minimal code that exercises the bug. Then, that code can be adapted
into a test, so that when the fix is checked in, there's a test for the fix.