[Insight-developers] itkResampleImageFilter.h & itkWarpImageFilter.h and Software Archeology

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 25 16:38:26 EDT 2009

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
>>  Being positive and looking to the Future:
>>  ==========================================
>>

>>  It looks like we *MUST* implement some sort of
>>  *systematic* code-review practice.
>

> Yes, it would be great, but we may have a similar problem than with IJ
> contributions...

------------------------

Indeed,
that's what I'm afraid of.

For code reviews to be practical,
they have to be set up in a very easy-to-use framework.

I'm taking a look at review-board, but this is not the only
system available out there...

An alternative option is to start using "git" for code control
and exercising the difference between committing code and
publishing code.

The burden for ITK is that we are trying to do Agile Programming
under a backward-compatibility constraint.  It really looks like
we need an intermediate stage were new commits are cured before
being integrated in a release. We do this for new classes with
the Review directory, but we don't have a mechanism form simple
day-to-day patches.