[Insight-developers] Follow up on bug #8470

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 06:22:00 EDT 2009

I am not sure I understand what was the internal change in ITK
recently but I am getting an error since my ITK 3.12 upgrade:

Test timeout computed to be: 1500
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'itk::ExceptionObject'
  what():  /home/mmalaterre/Projects/Insight/Code/Common/itkImage.txx:165:
itk::ERROR: Image(0x2aaab0006340): Bad direction, determinant is 0.
Direction is 1 0 0 0
0 1 0 0
0 0 1 1
0 0 0 0

-- Process completed

*** Exception executing: Child aborted

apparently a fix has been commited to ITK 3.12, but it seems my case
is not handled properly.

My custom filter is doing this in the GenerateOutputInformation()

  for (unsigned int i=0; i < InputImageDimension; ++i)
    {
    for (unsigned int dim = 0; dim < OutputImageDimension; ++dim)
      {
      outputDirection[i][dim] = inputDirection[i][dim];
      }
    }

I do not see anything obviously wrong :(

thanks for comments,
--
Mathieu