[Insight-developers] Large metaImage file with 32-bit build

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jan 14 17:33:27 EST 2009

Hi Stephen,

	You seem to be the one closes to the meta utility library. I ran into
a problem when I was trying to stream the visible human. I was doing
some out of core processing on it :) The results were wrong, and
looked like there was some 32-bit limitation related error. I was able
to tack the problem down. I posted the problem and a suggested
solution in Matis here:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=8371

Overall the types used for files may need a closer look in the
library. After your explanation of the immediate pervasiveness of this
library, I am rather cautious of it. This look it may be some
extensive changes of types needed. What is the best way to proceed here?

Thanks,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for