[Insight-developers] GlobalReleaseDataFlag and ReleaseData testing : SunCC build fixed

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 20 15:11:29 EST 2009

Bill, Brad,

It seems that this was due to an inconsistent declaration in the method.

itkDataObject.h had:

static void SetGlobalReleaseDataFlag(const bool val);

while itkDataObject.cxx had:

        void SetGlobalReleaseDataFlag(bool val)

The fix has been committed to CVS.
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkDataObject.h?root=Insight&r1=1.71&r2=1.72

The interesting things about it are:

     a) Only the Sun CC compiler cared about the difference

     b) This signature has been there for a long time...
        (e.g... 2000 ?!)

It is unclear why the CC compiler suddenly cares about it.

    Luis