[Insight-developers] paraview format issues

Stephen Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Thu Feb 19 08:05:38 EST 2009

Hi Richard,

Your question is a bit beyond my expertise, but my initial guess is
that paraview doesn't use orientation info from metaImage or other
file formats - the issue is that vtkImage (the image data container in
vtk) doesn't support orientation.

To know for certain, I think posting to the paraview group is probably
your best bet.

I know you're trying to avoid joining that list, but it doesn't get
the heavy traffic of the ITK list, so hopefully the benefits outweigh
the costs.

The list is online at:
http://www.paraview.org/paraview/help/mailing.html

Stephen

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Richard Beare <richard.beare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm hoping there are enough users with paraview experience among the
> itk community to help me, so I can avoid joining another mailing list.
>
> My query concerns displaying image data in paraview, and in particular
> whether it is possible to take into account image orientation
> information when displaying multiple images.
>
> In this particular case I have a number of slices that were captured
> in orthogonal directions and it would be nice to display them in
> something like the original space. The only way I'm seeing at the
> moment is to convert them to a structured grid of some sort, which
> seems inefficient.
>
> Thanks

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Chief Medical Scientist