[Insight-developers] MAC Compile errors

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jul 14 14:48:44 EDT 2008

On July they 9th, "mini1" and "mini2" also had type "B" link errors,
when they were running cmake 2.4.6 and OSX 10.5.4 and XCode3.0:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=119307

I am going to do an experimental build with cmake 2.4.6, OSX10.5.4,
and XCode3.0 to see if it's a problem with cmake 2.6. I upgraded to
cmake 2.6 after the 9th when I saw these errors.

"mini3.nlm" is 10.5.4 with unix make files and building with out errors.

On Jul 14, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 7/14/08 11:08 AM, Luis Ibanez said:
>
>> The submissions from
>>

>>                     "mini1.nlm"
>>                     "mini2.nlm"
>>
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=123006
>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=122976
>>

>> are still reporting the type "A" compilation errors of the form:
>>
>> *SNIP*
>>

> Why do we suspect this is an Apple bug?  Maybe I am confused, but Hans
> said that the build works if he uses CMake's 'unix makefiles'
> generator
> instead of its 'Xcode' generator.  Wouldn't that make it more likely
> be a CMake bug?
>
>> Overall, it seems that with this upgrade, Apple have succeded
>> to make GCC as bad as Visual Studio 6.0.
>
> Which upgrade?  I find it unlikely that the 10.5.4 upgrade would cause
> this.  The gcc version is unaffected by the Mac OS X version.  gcc
> does
> not get changed by the 10.5.4 upgrade, nor do system .h files.
>
>> Is there an expectation that APPLE will fix this anytime soon ?
>
> If it is an Apple bug, it will only get fixed if we file a bug in
> their
> bug database.  I could do that, but we'd need simpler repro steps...
>
> --

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine