[Insight-developers] MAC Compile errors

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 14 12:09:46 EDT 2008

On 7/14/08 11:08 AM, Luis Ibanez said:

>The submissions from
>

>                      "mini1.nlm"
>                      "mini2.nlm"
>
>http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=123006
>http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=122976
>

>are still reporting the type "A" compilation errors of the form:
>
> *SNIP*

Why do we suspect this is an Apple bug?  Maybe I am confused, but Hans
said that the build works if he uses CMake's 'unix makefiles' generator
instead of its 'Xcode' generator.  Wouldn't that make it more likely to
be a CMake bug?

>Overall, it seems that with this upgrade, Apple have succeded
>to make GCC as bad as Visual Studio 6.0.

Which upgrade?  I find it unlikely that the 10.5.4 upgrade would cause
this.  The gcc version is unaffected by the Mac OS X version.  gcc does
not get changed by the 10.5.4 upgrade, nor do system .h files.

>Is there an expectation that APPLE will fix this anytime soon ?

If it is an Apple bug, it will only get fixed if we file a bug in their
bug database.  I could do that, but we'd need simpler repro steps...

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com