[Insight-developers] ITK test failures in Debug only

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 13 15:20:05 EDT 2007

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks a lot for trying with ITK 3.2.

It is rather bad news....

I interpret that as:

     "the error has been there for a long time"

On the bright side, you are not getting
these errors with your VTK build, so we
could trace this by comparing the vtkMultithreader
with the itkMultithreader.

Just to double check:

    Is your VTK build using also Debug ?
    Is it submitted to the VTK Dashboard ?

I will suggest that we identify which one of
the current failing test is the simplest case
and then we track from it.

The fact that this happens only in a Debug build
still leaves open the option that it might be
an unitialized variable that happens to be in
the Multithreader.

Is it possible to run Valgrind in one of these tests ?

Uninitialized Memory Reads (UMR) could be potential suspects....

     Luis