[Insight-developers] PLEASE *DO NOT* COMMIT CHANGES TO ITK BRANCHES

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:41:30 EDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
>           Branches are *not* the place
>           to experiment with code changes.
> CVS write access has now been removed for the two recent
> offenders. (They know who they are).

Well let's give names... I am one of them. I have done the
backporting, from a request from someone from kitware (I think he
knows who is he is). This was a bug fix which I thought was already on
the 3.4, so by re-adding it I do not think I was 'experimenting' with
code change (since this line of code was added ~ITK 2.8).

I work on ITK on my free time, yes I do not get paid for my work on
the toolkit and I do try to do my best every time I commit something.
And no I did not do it on purpose to break the '4 years' rules to not
commit on a branch. Kitware is already using a script to control
commit to a branch, so this is not even a technical challenge that ITK
is not reusing the same script.

--
Mathieu