[Insight-developers] ITK binary packages

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Oct 19 06:11:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

Yesterday I have added a very simple configuration for CPack in ITK,
and fixed the subprojects which where breaking CPack usage.
We can now package ITK and WrapITK using CPack. I have tested it on
mac, windows and linux (not much tested on linux, I prefer using rpm
in that case) with python and, well, it works.
The size of the installed package with support for python, tcl and
java is quite big (~500 MB), but surprisingly, the package is not so
big : 59.4 MB on windows.

I hope to be able to reduce the size of the binaries with the
explicit instantiation stuff, but even without that it should be
possible to distribute ITK binaries for the next release.
Would it be possible to include them in the sourceforge download area ?

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann