[Insight-developers] ITK 3.2 : ITKDistributions library

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Feb 24 08:09:34 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

Now that we are moving the Distribution classes from
the Review directory into Code/Numerics/Statistics,
it seems redundant to have an ITKDistributions library.

It is probably better to aggregate these classes into
the existing ITKStatistics library.

However, if we do this, those applications that may
already be linking to a ITKDistributions library will
have to remove it from their dependencies.  This may
be a minor issue for Slicer.

Since the classes were in the Review directory we are
not subject to the backward compatibility policy there,
so it will be just a matter of informing users that
this library is no longer necessary.