[Insight-developers] Reading a volume of dim N+2 from a series of image of dim N

Stephen R. Aylward Stephen.Aylward at Kitware.com
Wed Feb 21 18:42:30 EST 2007

You can specify this using a metaImage header.
You can create ND images out of MD (M<N) files.

Consider N=4 and M=3...

NDims = 4
DimSize = 256 256 100 5
.
.
.
DataFile = LIST 3        <--- this is M, the dims of each file
<File1.raw>
<File2.raw>
<File3.raw>
<File4.raw>
<File5.raw>

This will read in 3 3D files and create a single 4D file.

If they're uncompressed dicom, add the line
HeaderSize = -1
and it will automatically calculate the headersize for each 3D file
(independently) and only read the pixel data which is stored at the end
of the dicom files.

Stephen