[Insight-developers] Help with new IO class

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Apr 3 17:51:37 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,

Just to clarify...

A)  In your new ITK reader, when you force the
     image dimensions to be

   - 256 in X
   - 512 in Y
   - 256 in Z

Then the image is read correctly ?

and

B)  if you set the image dimensions as

   - 512 in X
   - 256 in Y
   - 256 in Z

then you observe an interleave effect ?

and

C) your in-house reader works fine by assuming that
    the fastest changing direction (X) has 512 pixels ?

Please let us know if (A), (B), and (C) are correct or not.

---

Could you try writing a meta image header for the raster file ?

>From the parameters of the MetaImage header it will be easy
to figure out what is the correct configuration of the image.

Note that you can use the application

   InsightApplications/MetaImageImporter

as a helper for creating the MetaImage header.

   Please let us know what you find,

        Thanks