[Insight-developers] Re: wrapitk build

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 14:19:51 EDT 2007

OK.... some observations:

After running the dashboard, I opened up ITK.sln in Visual Studio and
clicked "Build Solution" expecting it to tell me it was all up to
date. Instead it built a bunch of the CableSwig / wrapper steps over
again and ended up with a build that had no errors this time.

So (1) this would appear to be a dependency issue to start with.

Then, (2) after I had a good Java wrapped build, I tried to run one of
the Java tests. (JavaSimplePipelineUS2) But I get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError... The problem is that the command line
being passed gives the path to the .jar file *without* the "/Release/"
or "/Debug" part of the directory path and so, java cannot locate the
.jar file via the ctest test's command line... If I manually run the
command line and alter it to include "/Release/" or "/Debug/" then it
works fine.

So it would appear we need two things to make these wrapped builds
work with Visual Studio:
(1) proper library/custom-target dependencies specified in the
appropriate input CMakeLists files
and
(2) a way to communicate the real jar path on a per-configuration
basis to the test driver command lines

Any ideas how to fix these issues??

Thanks,
David Cole