[Insight-developers] Removing DICOM Parser: Deprecated code : Conflicting Copyright

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 25 19:42:43 EDT 2006

Luis,

DICOMParser has unique dicom processing capabilities. It uses callback
mechanisms that look for specific dicom tags. It is a very efficient method
for specialized dicom processing. Since gdcm has performance problems, I
think we should not remove this code at this time. We will contact Matt
Turek regarding the copyright. Most, if not all of this work was done while
Matt worked in our group. It was funded by our ITK contract.

Bill