[Insight-developers] WrapITK and ExplicitITK name collision

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Sep 9 09:54:08 EDT 2006

Hi Gaetan,

One of the motivations for implementing explicit instantiation
was to facilitate the wrapping process.

Here is the proposal for Explicit Instantiation that Brad and
Julien put together:

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Explicit_Instantiation

Please look at the option of using WrapITK:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Explicit_Instantiation#Using_WrapITK_for_Explicit_Template_Files_Generation

Just for the record:

At this point, turning WrapITK ON and ExplicitInstantiation ON
results in a configuration error:

"Wrapping itk::ImageSource: No image type for 'CF' pixels is known"

What will make sense is to have WrapITK take advantage of
the ExplicitInstantiation. Please take a look at the Wiki
and let us know what you think.

    Regards,

       Luis