[Insight-developers] PolyLineParametricPath

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 14:21:02 EST 2006

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for pointing out the problem with
the PolyLineParametricPath class.

I will be great to fix the class in the CVS repository,
but if you think that your alternate class is a better
choice, we are also open to add your new class to the
toolkit.

Do you have in mind a particular place of the code
where we could fix the PolyLineParametricPath ?

If you would like to contribute your class to ITK,
the mechanism will involve to write a paper to the
Insight Journal. Note that these papers are closer to
technical reports than to traditional journal papers.

Instructions on how to prepare a paper for the
Insight Journal are available at:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_New_Classes_and_Algorithms

A template for preparing a submission is available at:

http://www.na-mic.org:8000/svn/NAMICSandBox/trunk/InsightJournal/SubmissionTemplate/

and as a tar.gz file at:

ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/itk/InsightJournal/InsightJournalSubmissionTemplate.tgz

Please let us know what would be your preference,

    Thanks

      Luis

-------------------
Jeffrey Duda wrote:
> Luis,

...snip

... I wrote an email to the list a while ago (but
> got not response) about some problems with the PolyLineParametricPath
> and the fact that the algorithm used to step along the PolyLine to find
> the next voxel in the Path is unstable (especially in data with
> anisotropic voxel spacing).  It may be that I am the only who uses it so
> the issue hasn't bothered anyone else.  Either way, it may be worth
> either a fix or at least a note in the documentation.  I wrote a very
> basic alternate class (
> http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~jtduda/itkother.html#slowline ).  I'd be
> happy to work on a modification to the existing class if you think that
> would be useful/beneficial.

.. snip...