[Insight-developers] concept checking in blox classes

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Feb 20 14:14:30 EST 2006

Dear Robert and George,

As you probably know, we recently started adding concept checking
into ITK.  Our plan of action was described in this recent e-mail to
the developers list:
http://www.itk.org/mailman/private/insight-developers/2006-February/007652.html.

As you can see from this plan, we will need some help from the
authors of the filters in order to determine the specific
restrictions on the types over which the filters are intended to be
instantiated.

As part of this process, we just found in the class:

itkBloxBoundaryProfileImageToBloxCoreAtomImageFilter

that despite being templated over the image type and the dimension,
it can only be instantiated when the dimension and the image
dimension are both equal to 3.  We are wondering if this is the
intended behavior or if this is a bug.  If this is the intended
behavior, we are wondering why the second template parameter is needed.

Please let us know what you think.

- Amy