[Insight-developers] itkVectorNearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 14:41:23 EST 2006

Bill Lorensen wrote:

> Karthik,
>
> While trying to track down a failing test, I noticed that the output
> of ResampleImageFIlter9Test looked strange. It uses the subject image
> function to do nearest neighbor interpolation of an RGB image. A
> pattern of zero pixels is noticeable in the baseline test image.

Yes. You are right. Nasty little bug that was:
http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkVectorNearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.4&r2=1.5

> Upon further investigation, I looked at the code in the subject
> filter. I'm not sure why it is so complicated. Why doesn't it use the
> same logic as itkNearNeighborInterpolateImageFunction. If I drop that
> code into the Vector code, the resulting image looks appropriate.
> Any ideas?

That's true. I was just borrowing code from the
VectorLinearInterpolateImageFunction at some point and missed the
functionality provided in the superclass.

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/Common/itkVectorNearestNeighborInterpolateImageFunction.txx?root=Insight&r1=1.5&r2=1.6

Its been replaced and the baselines replaced. They look good now.

Thanks again
karthik