[Insight-developers] Too Many Projects in the default ITK build

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri May 13 10:49:06 EDT 2005

There is an option to the SUBDIRS command in cmake, EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL.

 Any
 directories after the EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL marker will not be included in
 the top level makefile or project file.  This is useful for having
 cmake create makefiles or projects for a set of examples in a project.
 You would want cmake to generated makefiles or project files for all
 the examples at the same time, but you would not want them to show up
 in the top level project or be built each time make is run from the
 top.

It may be that we want to use that option.  Then make sure all the examples
are built as part of the testing structure, so the get coverage and we make
sure the build.   But when users build a project for ITK, they are not included
in the ITK project.  To build an individual test, a use would have to cd into
the directory of the test and run make or load the visual studio project.

But, we can talk at the TCON.

-Bill