[Insight-developers] GDCMImageIO::CanWriteFile()

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon May 2 12:15:29 EDT 2005

GDCMImageIO::CanWriteFile() pretty much always returns "true".  Thus, when you enable GDCM, you can ONLY write DICOM files.  You loose the ability to write PNG, Meta, ...

I'd like to change GDCMImageIO::CanWriteFile() to trigger off an extension.  While DICOM files do not have to have an extension, I'd like DICOM files written by ITK to have an extension. This will make it consistent with the rest of the toolkit where file formats trigger off extensions. I'd like to collect suitable extensions.  I like

.dcm

Any others?

Does anyone forsee any issues with doing this?

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
1 Research Circle, Schenectady NY 12309-1027

millerjv at reserch.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at reserch.ge.com>
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981