[Insight-developers] Dashboard status & CMake version

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jan 23 11:58:45 EST 2005

Bill,

Yeap, that seems to be the case.

The complete story is that Mathieu is using a type "uint64" in
the encoding of the DICOM UIDs. This type is only available when
the compiler provides "long long" (which is a non-standard
extension), or actual 64bytes ints.

In VTK a test is in place in order to let CMake find whether the
platform supports such types or not. I copied the tests from VTK
and set it up in ITK in order to conditionally compile that section
of code only when"long long" or true 64bytes ints are available.

However, the test requires some functionality available in
CMake post 1.8.

Which raises up the question:

   What version of CMake are we requiring for ITK 1.10  ?

I thought we were always requiring an ITK release to be
used with the latest release of CMake. (in this case 2.0.5).

Are we following that guideline for this release ?

(Maybe I'm missing a better way of dealing with the int64 type...)

     Luis