[Insight-developers] RE: Siemens DICOM file

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Fri Jan 14 08:18:30 EST 2005

Looks good here also. My screwup.

I think we should make the GDCM build unconditional. I mean take the UseGDCM
logic out and always build gdcm.

This will facilitate the replacement of DicomImageIO and eventually (in the
near future), DICOMImageIO2. I have experimented and verified that if I
sublass DicomImageIO from GDCMImageIO, that, to the user, there is no API
change and we get the GDCMImageIO as well as the factory. I print a warning
out in the constructor that DicomImageIO is really GDCMImageIO and that the
user should change to GDCMImageIO. I think we need a GDCMImageIOFactory
also.