[Insight-developers] GDCM Data Dictionary

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 5 14:54:17 EST 2005

Bill,

Two options come to mind:

1) Using the numeric DICOM tags as the keys on
    the MetaImageDictionary.

    - Advantage:  they are unique and standard
    - Disadvantage: users will have to know the
                    tags

2) Duplicating all the entries in the MetaDictionnary,
    so "Image Position" data is entered twice, the first
    time under a key "Image Position" and a second time
    under a key "0018 5100".

    - Advantage: Users can look for both the textual
                 description or the formal tag
    - Disadvantage: the MetaData dictionnary will have
                 double the size.

    Luis