[Insight-developers] Update of GDCM library

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Feb 24 14:07:53 EST 2005

Hi,

	I have just updated the GDCM library from 0.6 branch to 1.0 branch. I
also removed the GDCM option so from now on GDCM is always build as part
of ITK.

	Changes include:

- Better big endian support (in particular for jpeg image)

- Full support of fragmented jpeg images (where jpeg stream was split in
small chunks)

- Lots of API cleanup (remove the redundant gdcm at begining of functions)

- Complete removal of the accessors by DICOM name. This was considered
dangerous since DICOM name is not guarantee to be unique, and the name
could change from one revision to another. Not a notion of generelized
key is used intead. Ex. insteasd of "Patient's Name", now you should use
  "0010|0010"

- dicomDirV3.dic was update to also take into account the VM (value
multiplicity).

- Enhance support for DICOMDIR file

- Partial support for Papyrus image (very close to Dicom V3 specification)

- Huge number of memory leaks were fixed.

For more information:
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/
and
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/News.html