[Insight-developers] Wrapping Problems

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Apr 22 15:19:16 EDT 2005

Hans Johnson wrote:
> I am making small, and whenever I rebuild all of the wrapping is affected.

There are complicated reasons for this due to the SWIG architecture.
Basically every wrapped class needs to know about every type in its
interface...whether it is wrapped and where.  This introduces a huge
number of dependencies.

> Even after a successful build and no source file changes, all the wrapping
> is done again.

This should not happen.  Please run "make -d >build.log" and send me the
log file so we can see why the build system thinks things are out-of-date.

Thanks,
-Brad