[Insight-developers] Patented code

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Wed Sep 29 18:55:39 EDT 2004

run away...run away.... :)

I think it is a volation if you infringe on any single claim.  Including
derivations that would be easily contrived of by anyone "skilled in the
art."

My vote is to create a patented directory, put the active shape stuff in
it, and only keep such patented code if we have a letter from the patent
holder.

I am going to write a draft policy for the ISC...short and simple,
ideally...  Copied from other open-source efforts...