[Insight-developers] Proposed changes to ITK web pages

Will Schroeder will . schroeder at kitware . com
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:29:57 -0400

Hi Robert-

>How about the link name "Case Studies" like Kitware's page? It sounds a
>little less like advertisement or commercialization and more about here's
>what ITK can do.

There is already an "applications" link on the ITK web pages. These are
like the case studies that you refer to.

In many cases government agencies are under pressure to show the commercial
benefit of their work---Terry would have to comment on that. I think its
also nice to point out that the ITK copyright allows everybody to benefit,
not just academics and researchers. And I believe that posting commercial
ventures encourages the ITK community to grow.

I created a trial balloon page at http://www . itk . org/HTML/Marketplace . htm .
Take a look and see.

Will