[Insight-developers] min. max over ROI (floodfilliterator)

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Fri, 30 May 2003 11:23:21 -0400

Hi,

Should the itk "thing" to calculate a min, max, etc of an image for an
ROI (done internally using the floodfilliterator) be implemented as a
filter or an image calculator?

As a filter, it doesn't produce an image as an output.

An image calculator seems appropriate, but it will cause a recalc on
every call since they don't (by default) keep track of whether or not
the input has changed (could be done, however, by having the calculator
monitor the input image's modified time - Julien's suggestion).

We have image min, max, etc implemented both ways in itk at this time.

Will do as an image calculator unless I (Julien) hear otherwise.

Thanks,
Stephen

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Associate Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science and Surgery
http://caddlab . rad . unc . edu
aylward at unc . edu
(919) 966-9695